• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper X sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

Or maybe just me. I managed to pull off wonders with my corsair XMS memory but Not just one set of hyper X , 3 sets of hyper x memory has proven to bite a hairy one when it comes to anything. I'm using PC4000 hyper x at the moment. At 220 it fails memtest at 3-4-4-8 2T timings! My hyper X PC3200 was even worse! Using a DFI lanparty so its getting enough voltage. Whats the issue or is hyper x different to overclock than corsair?

The HyperX 4000 were notoriously crappy. They used Samsung TCCC IC's, which were a very early revision of what is now TCCD; meant to be speced at DDR500 speeds, but nearly never delivered it. Kingston was also one of the first to come out with a PC4000 part, so some hiccups were inevitable, albeit disappointing nonetheless.

As a HyperX user and abuser I can tell you it ain;t what it's cracked up to be, and it's certainly not Corsair. If it will not rum at the speeds it was sold to do I would contact Kingston and RMA it. (To either Kingston or where you purchased it) They do have good support even if the product is nothing special. They may give you the line thay gave me that they reccommend their KVR ram in nf3 boards, just tell them it doesn't perform to specs argument over. I have bought 6 sticks of hyperX, but they will not get another dime from me. Good luck.

a gig of hyperX pc4000 is over $240... i would want more than 250mhz if i spent that much on RAM... but thats just me

Spion said:
a gig of hyperX pc4000 is over $240... i would want more than 250mhz if i spent that much on RAM... but thats just me
I agree, but you a=can only hold Kingston to the advertised specs. My PQI PC4000 cost $220 and will clock over 275.

my hyper x wont run in dual channel at anything over 230htt!!!, one stick at a time it will run at its rated speed! I also have pc4000. No matter how many volts if its in dual channel it wont run at rated speed, i cant wait to save money for some gskill and put the hyper x on ebay for 100 buks.

What's funny is that my HyperX 3000 gets to 245, and my 3200 gets to 263...

The 4000 was just a bad batch, but Kingston does make some good products.

So technically the PC4000 should run 500mhz at 3-4-4-8 1T correct? I've hear dthey were great in pentium systems but lousy on AMD. I only paid $175 for the 1 gig set. Anyhow I'm getting rid of it unless kingston will guarantee a replacement batch that will deliver 250fsb.

Love my KHX...but then again it's BH5. Can't wait to get my 64 system together to see where it really tops out at. I was not impressed by the new 3200ul. I tried some as it's TCCD but the PCB really does make as much difference as people say it does.

I have 2x512 of Hyper-x 3200, and i have never been able to get their timings under 3-4-4-8 at 200mhz, but i have gotten upto 225 with 1 stick.
Now since my mobo doesn't like them they are only stable at 166mhz :(

On a side note, hello N3buchan3zzar ;)

HyperX PC4000 is very suck. My HyperX PC3500 BH-5 is by far way better; I think it was discontinued. If you want to get even better ram than the BH-5, then you should get the new PC3200UL. My A64 system with this memory can do FSB 272Mhz C2.5-6-4-3-T2 2.8v and I can push more if I want.

fldrice said:
Hyperx 4000 overpriced PC-3200 KVR w/ hynx t-43 ICs.

Most are TCCC samsung chips, which is why I think his are lousy. The newer ones have Hynix D43 chips which will hit about 260 or so....if I were him, I would contact Kingston for an RMA. They will probably send him the newer ones with some Hynix chips in them. If they won't do their advertised speed, then kingston will fix the situation. Be thankful you are dealing with a good company. Kingston has always been loyal to their customers, whether their pc4000 sucks or not.

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Most are TCCC samsung chips, which is why I think his are lousy. The newer ones have Hynix D43 chips which will hit about 260 or so....if I were him, I would contact Kingston for an RMA. They will probably send him the newer ones with some Hynix chips in them. If they won't do their advertised speed, then kingston will fix the situation. Be thankful you are dealing with a good company. Kingston has always been loyal to their customers, whether their pc4000 sucks or not.

-Collin-
I second that, I have always found Kingston support to be first rate.

Back