• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

force feeding UV dye in a T line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I've got a small problem, I origionally though I would do a normal leak test, then put in UV dye so I can trace leaks over the long term (water might evaporate, but the dye won't) But now my only problem is that it remains in my T line and does not flow into my main loop, is there a better way to fix this with out my waiting to find some of those coffie stirers so I can inject the die directly into my flow?

Lock your lips and blow dude!

Yeah, sounds funny, but you can expand the tubing in your loop by blowing into the T line, and work the dye down into the flow.

Alternately, if you have a piece of Cat 3-5 wire handy, pull the wire out of it and you have a handy straw of any length you want.

also u can try turning off the pump waiting for everything to settle having the air in the loop go to the top then turnign it back on. If your pump has good suction the water line should temporarily go down significantly. Of course if your loop is already completely free of air then this won't work.

you could drain a little bit of water out of your t line, and then add some more that contains the dye

Add it without the pump being on, let it sit for a few minutes, it should filter its way down into the stream.

Got it in, turned some ~13AWG wire into the straw. Found it while looking for scrap cat5. Worked great, execpt it put air back into my loop, but thats mostly gone now again.

Back