• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Legit Winblows XP OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

I have an opportunity to build a few computers for some customers. I can handle all of the hardware issues, I think, but my prob. is the OS. What is the best way to get legitimate Winblows XP? I have one customer who will probably buy 4 more computers if the one I build is good!

What is the best way to get multiple legit copies of XP?

Thanks for your time!

E

newegg has bulk oem packs of xp- totally legit, but microsoft will not support it- they expect the manufacturer (you) to be able to do everything.

Yea maaaaan......you know everyone here has a seperate legit copy of xp for every rig....especially the people with those enormous farms.... ;-)

People with "farms" run it on workplace PCs or use Linux. And when you think about the electricity costs for a "farm", then the OS might be a minor expense. Also, F@H runs on some old win9x copy just as well.

ONE said:
Yea maaaaan......you know everyone here has a seperate legit copy of xp for every rig....especially the people with those enormous farms.... ;-)

$100 for an O/S is not a big expense for alot of people and as sujesuted there are free alternatives.

you could get the 'corporate' (i'm gonna get flak for callin' it that, but i've called it that so long, i can't help it anymore) version. Just need 1 cd, and buy as many licenses for it as you need, then let them take the cd and licenses. All legit.

Thanks for your time and replies

Looks like I just need to factor in the cost of XP Home or Pro into my costs, just like the PSU etc... I know some 'lefthanded' ways around the problem, but if I sell a computer, I would like to give them a disk and have everything totally legit.

Thanks agian for your info!!

E :beer:

hafaphoto said:
Looks like I just need to factor in the cost of XP Home or Pro into my costs, just like the PSU etc... I know some 'lefthanded' ways around the problem, but if I sell a computer, I would like to give them a disk and have everything totally legit.

Ofcourse, everyone factors that in, you can get the cd's and licenses for about $80 now at some places I believe. Have fun, and make some money! :p

hafaphoto said:
I have an opportunity to build a few computers for some customers. I can handle all of the hardware issues, I think, but my prob. is the OS. What is the best way to get legitimate Winblows XP? I have one customer who will probably buy 4 more computers if the one I build is good!

What is the best way to get multiple legit copies of XP?

Thanks for your time!

E

Get MSN messenger and contact me : [email protected]

hafaphoto said:

Well, when you buy your parts for the system/s, you qualify to get the OEM versions. So just include the cost of the OS along with the cost of the computer. If the computers are for home use, there's no real point to getting the Pro version as most likely the average user will not use half the funcionality of it. By default the home edition also gives you a normally hidden admin account that the user will never see unless they boot into safe mode. Very handy for when you need to service the computer.

are you telling me that everytime i upgrade my computer, i need a new copy of Xp because its a "new" computer? (im talking the full upgrade, mobo, cpu, gpu)
just because M$ wont let me verify my CD key because i do a lot of formats and installing on my computer?

after 3 formats, it says i need a new CD key. bull****.

do they really expect us to buy 20 copys of Xp?

Back