• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PHP Nuke

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey there, after doing my website using HTML, i have noticed that i really like the layout and abilities of PHP-Nuke...But im really baffled on how to do it!
There is no index page and i cant really figure out how to edit stuff!
This is the file im trying to edit:

http://www.autothemes.com/downloads/AT-2Tech.zip

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks,

This is because PHP nuke is not HTML... PHP is an open source, server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages. In an HTML document, PHP script (similar syntax to that of Perl or C ) is enclosed within special PHP tags. Because PHP is embedded within tags, the author can jump between HTML and PHP (similar to ASP and Cold Fusion) instead of having to rely on heavy amounts of code to output HTML. And, because PHP is executed on the server, the client cannot view the PHP code. PHP can perform any task that any CGI program can do, but its strength lies in its compatibility with many types of databases. Also, PHP can talk across networks using IMAP, SNMP, NNTP, POP3, or HTTP

You are required to install PHP and possibily SQL if you are creating a content management system (CMS) as well as answering the question.... Does the web host you are using support PHP and SQL ?

The Nuke FAQ can be found at the following URL :-
http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_HOWTO

Well im hosting it. so its not a problem, Ill go through the readme and figure it out. thanks

EDIT: Just a question...how easy is php-nuke do u think? is it going to take a great amount of time?

Its not that difficult to set up as long as the webserver your hosting it on has PHP and MySQL set up on it, it's just a case of editing a couple of config files then running the install.php script IIRC.

It doesn't hurt to know a bit of php and mysql. You should at least understand how they work and how they're connected.

Ok i will take a good long look tonight as its friday ^_^
gonna spend the night doing it.

I think the PHP Nuke bit is going to be easy...trying to setup my server for the MYSQL and PHP and SQL Hosting is going to be the tough bit.

If you're looking for a free host with php and mysql, good luck. It took me a good long time. I got lucky and found a 3 free years offer with 1 and 1 that includes e-mail, php, and mysql. I use that for everything! If you're gonna host it yourself, it's gonna be a challenge to install php and mysql. If you need any help, get ahold of me on AIM.

I found a few free hosts that have PHP and mysql, one of which I signed up for. I installed PostNuke on it last night, and will be messing around with it until I get it setup on my own server. I can probably help you as well.

Is the server going to be running Windows or Linux? If you're running windows you might want to take a look at Big Apache which includes Apache, PHP and MySQL. If your on Linux then you're probably better just setting them up seperatly. If you don't feel comfortable with Apache you could try Sambar which is quite easy to use and also includes lots of other stuff like an FTP server.

Back