• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID Controller and Memory Amount?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Lar

Hello, I have an LSI 320-2 Scsi RAID controller, and was wondering if it would be beneficial at all to upgrade the 64mb chip onboard to 128mb, while running RAID0 ??
Thanks for Looking

Larry

How many drives are you pushing ? What are you using this box for ? Beneficial, yes. Worth it.. maybe. If you're pushing a large array you will probably notice a difference.

juliendogg said:
How many drives are you pushing ? What are you using this box for ? Beneficial, yes. Worth it.. maybe. If you're pushing a large array you will probably notice a difference.

I am only running 2 drives right now, but plan to add 2 more.
Thanks for the reply.

Larry

If it were me and i could get the cache upgrade at a reasonable price i would go for it. The cache on a raid controller plays a big part in it's performance and more allways = better. Running two drives it might not make very much difference but as you add more drives it will be nice to have that extra cache for read/write operations.

J.

Back