• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

classy

Registered
I am going to be setting up a water cooled system in my Inwin Q500. A couple of questions about pumps. Are the ones that connect into the power supply good? I seen them over at overclock-watercool. They would seem to have an adantage to coming on when I turn on the PC. Can you suggest a decent pump? Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I use a normal one that connects to a normal power outlet. I just connect my pc to a power abr and both things turn on when I turn on my pc. If your planning on buying those cheap pumps, just go to your normal aquarium store or petsmart and buy a normal pump. You want to have one about 150 gph depending on your setup. Yu can certainly buy one with more, but it's alot more expensive. I heard the mag drive pumps keep going for a long time, and they are powerful with about 300 gph the weakest I think

I use the 700GPH one, it's pretty quiet submerge in my reservior

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 1 - 80 gph $15.99 qty.

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 1.5 - 140 gph $20.99 qty.

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 2 - 250 gph $35.89 qty.

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 3 - 350 gph $44.99 qty.

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 5 - 500 gph $51.69 qty.

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 7 - 700 gph $54.99 qty.

Supreme Mag Drive Pump Model 12 - 1200 gph $99.19 qty.

I think you can use 20% off or free shipping probably

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shopping/water_pumps/products/product_770.shtml

I bought one of those 12 volt 500 gph pumps and it died after about 3 months of service. It was one of thoe bilge pumps. They are designed to work on a duty cycle (on for awhile, off for awhile) not 24/7. If you get one of those 12 volt pumps, make sure it's not a bilge pump designed for a duty cycle.

Back