• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

agp/pci on a Asus P4S800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma²

do i have a agp/pci lock on my motherboard (p4s800) and how can i turn it on ?
In my manual is written : agp voltage adjustable, fixed agp/pci frequencies

So there is a agp/pci lock, but i cannot find it in my bios. Can anyone help me please?

Well on my P4P800-E Deluxe it's in the 'jumper free configuration' section, right below 'DRAM frequency'.

I don't know about this board. If you look in the bios usually it should be where are overclocking features, there is something called pci/agp frequency, you lock it by selecting 33/66

i know there must be something like that in the bios, but i just cannot find it...

http://www.bytewizecomputers.com/products/7/7/316/3400 on this website for exemple there is written my motherboard has special Overclock Features , ASUS JumperFree, Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio, Fixed AGP/PCI frequencies , CPU, Memory, and AGP voltage adjustable, ...

But in my bios and manual i haven't seen anything about how i can use it and where it is placed in my bios.

here is my manual : http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4s800/e1298_p4s800.pdf

This board was my first board that I ever used for overclocking, as I remember at that time pci and agp lock wasn't working, whenever FSB was increased, the pci and agp were increased as well. That was then, I don't know if they released bios that corected that

but you were able to set a agp/pci lock? i have a SiS 648FX chipset. Maybe the lock is only available on the SiS 963L ?

at that time no, the pci/agp lock was bind with cpu frequency, when fsb was increased the pci/agp was increase as well, look in the manual that you provided page 45 bottom picture, cpu external frequency is 100/33, fsb is bind with pci

damn. But why do they write my motherboard has Fixed AGP/PCI frequencies , CPU, Memory, and AGP voltage adjustable, ... when it has not ?

Back