• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To cool or not Too cool.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time4aMassiveOC

heya guys, sup batboy.

the problem is the computer was running a steady 60C under load. and after the incident described below, now its running a steady 66-67 under load. which means the temperature is basicly maxed out.

so here is the question.

is it really worth spending nearly 90+ bucks on a xp-90C with artic silver 5

i already have a vantec aeroflow. which while isnt the best dam heatsink in the world it is most assuredly not a bad one at all.
http://www.overclockers.com/articles644/

especially when you can buy a comparable computer for about 400$ right now. much less by the time it takes this computer to die.

how it happened......

recently yesterday the guy running the cat-6 ethernet cable for my moms store decided to cut them and rewire then so they would fit neatly in the small holes in the wall sockets.

he must have screwed it all up cause not only did the internet cease to work, but when trouble shooting it i took it off the router and plugged the ethernet directly into my moms computer. and it froze, then would not start again. would only come up with a black screen.

i reset the cmos. and got it going again, but now its running at 3.43ghz instead of 3.5ghz, the memory is ok i ran the check so basicly its the motherboard or the processor that was affected negatively.
oh and it killed the router too.....

Back