• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed, Internet issue (sites not loading)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drenader

Ok here are the system details, XP Pro with the newest updates running behind a Di-614+ router. It is hardwired to the router. Norton Pro 2004 along with adaware & spybot search and destroy to protect me.

Now the problem:
I have 3 PC's on the network, 2 wired 1 wireless. My computer is one of the wired. Some sites will not load up, along with msn messanger not connecting. None of the other pc's are experiencing this problem. I have had this problem in the past and randomly it will get fixed. I have even reformatted in the past in order to fix this problem, however even after the reformat the problem was still there. I am really unsure what is going on, i reset the router and still nothing. Its only my computer, the others are 100% fine and clean. I can connect to some sites, but not others, i think it is having the packets dropped (when i look at the router log it says "smurf attack packet dropped"). I thought it might be my ethernet card so i replaced that but still running into the same problems.

Please help

Thank you

Dre Nader

have you tried running hardwired from the modem straight to you NIC? test that to eliminate the router from the equation.

I have switched to every other open spot on the router, and the other hardwired pc is working fine.
However i will test this and edit this post and report back.

dre

**update** Ok it works straight modem. Why is it that my computer gets caught up from the router, but the other two have no problems? May have to test out dlinks free support later hmmm. Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back