• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what could be wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SNieX

hey guys i've been Overclocking my CPU for like 4months... and i took everything back to stock... and the CPU is only reading at 2.99, and its a 3.0

what could be wrong,, should i reset my MOBO. with that jumper (the clear something ?), i also plan on re-formatting..

SNieX

That's normal. Run CPUz and note the frequency display. You may notice that it is fluctuating slightly. The fsb frequency is not always an integer so fsb x multiplier will not always be a whole number. 2991.7 MHz is rounded up to 3 gigahertz

SNieX said:
hey guys i've been Overclocking my CPU for like 4months... and i took everything back to stock... and the CPU is only reading at 2.99, and its a 3.0

what could be wrong,, should i reset my MOBO. with that jumper (the clear something ?), i also plan on re-formatting..

SNieX

Bump the fsb to 201. That should keep it above 3Ghz. :)

Back