• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lan troubles in UT2004.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

My dad & I have our systems hooked up through lan with a crossover cable, when we got it all setup it was fine we could play UT2004 fine. I would start my listen server & he would connect, then we would play. Since we got Norton 2005 the antivirus tries to block us both from conecting each other. I even shut of the worm blocker, it doesn't help though.

You might have a firewall on one or both of the computers. I venture to guess it's blocking access to the ports UT2k4 needs. If you are only connected on the lan, I'd say the easiest thing to do would be shut down the software firewall. Otherwise you need to configure it to know that UT is an ok program.

There should be some settings where you can configure ports that are open. You might want to open up the ports that Epic says needs to be open to play the game. off the top of my head I really can't remember which ones these are but I know it's listed in the community forums on their site.

J :cool:

Neither of us have a firewall, well I gues Norton Antivirus 2005 is sort of a firewall?

Why don't you just completely turn off norton antivirus when you want to play?

Karbon said:
Why don't you just completely turn off norton antivirus when you want to play?

I tried that, turned of worm-prot. & auto-prot. :bang head

Last edited:
I know, but why dont you completely turn it off, everything? I don't know if you will be connected to the internet while you are playing, but I don't think it's that big of a deal to not have a firewall for a few hours

Karbon said:
I know, but why dont you completely turn it off, everything? I don't know if you will be connected to the internet while you are playing, but I don't think it's that big of a deal to not have a firewall for a few hours

Ok how do I completely turn it off? I thought turning off those two things was all of it.

I think Norton antivirus has a firewall now, only that might be Norton internet security, i dont know if there seperate anymore

anyway there should be a littel icon down by the clock on the taskbar that you can rightclick on and disable norton entirely

Wicked_Klown said:
That will not stop UT from running. I run norton all the time and have LANed with SpeeDj many times with no probs.

Hmm, well why won't it connect? It is the same cd installed on both systems if that has anything to do with it.

When doing a LAN that really shouldn't matter. If you want go to OCG Sign up look at the UT forums and hop in the web chat and ask the UT guys for help. ALso when you jion via the web chat please change the name from [OCG-chat] to whatever you would like.

Back