• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI Problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatguy

Just got my SLI system setup, but I'm having some issues maybe you guys can help me out with:

1. In windows, why is there a green bar up at the top of the display? I've disabled the SLI load monitor, and it doesn't appear in DX games...

2. When I run 3DMark03, all the tests look great except for the CPU ones. During the test, the screen shakes around alot. This also happens when playing CSS.

3. The first time I hooked up in SLI mode, I had my monitor plugged in to the top-right DVI output. I was having issues with activating SLI, so I moved it to the top-left DVI output and things appear better. Is this the right output?

TIA

Never personally ran SLI, but don't you need to reinstall windows to properly enable SLI??

I did.

And I think I found the problem...seems that nVidia hasn't provided adequate widescreen support for SLi...too bad I couldn't find this info earlier...

It took me a lot of research to find the info I was looking for, but here it is:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=3211

short story: SLI does NOT work (yet) for widescreen LCDs, such as my Sony 23" TFT and the various Dell LCDs. There is also a known issue with vsynch and SLI. Those with LCDs know how important vsynch is...

what sucks about the post on the nvidia forums is that you have 30 people saying theres an issue, and 1 moderator telling everyone to shut up. ugh...

funny I did what I thought was my due diligence before I bought this setup...guess you can never be sure anything is going to work with your existing hardware now adays...and I used to wonder why console gaming was growing more and more popular.

edit: one of the guys on the nvidia forums has a funny avatar... ;)

av-6606.jpg

Back