• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong with China Prescotts??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mud

my friend bought a 550 LGA prescott and it turned out to be made in china.. ive seen negative notes about china prescotts.. wots wrong with them?? i think that they are only bad OCers??

Mud said:
my friend bought a 550 LGA prescott and it turned out to be made in china.. ive seen negative notes about china prescotts.. wots wrong with them?? i think that they are only bad OCers??

Becuase most might say that china overclocks like a real P.o.S on a taco bell commercial. But anyways, I dont think the location of where it's manufactured from matters too much. Since they all get their supplies anyways from intel :p

My China 3.2GHz Prescott is stable at 4.05GHz on air cooling, I've had it as high as 4.2GHz though and completed a few benchmarks. I'll be water cooling this week though so I fully expect 4.2GHz or more to be stable assuming my MB isn't holding my back. I see no problems with my China Prescott.

ur right.. i Oced his system to 4GHz peace of cake stock voltage.. the temps are fine too.. 42 idle and 56 load.. not bad temps for a stock cooled OCed prescott.

Sucka said:
All my best Intel's have come from the Philippines.

I had a 3.06GHz that came from the Philippines and it was a terrible overclocker. I don't really think it makes any difference where its manufactured, I've had good and bad CPU's from everywhere.

Back