• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost all My bookmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

First off, i assumed this is where i'd post this question...but you know what happens when you assume wrong...

But to the question.

i use firefox. 1.0.3. Last night my bookmarks worked just fine. they were all there. i left my computer on all night ( for boinc ) and i got up, went to my bookmarks...and they are all gone!.

Now last night, my computer DID crash ( was a Aston problem...aston is a replacement shell for windows ). so i reboot. i can't remember if my bookmarks were working then or not. as i was watching video's and stuff instead of surfing.

it MAY have happened durring the crash. but my computer has crashed on me sooooooo many times its not funny. first time i ever lost anything due to something like this. that is, IF the crash even was the reason i lost all my bookmarks.

anyone have any idea on WHY all my bookmarks are gone? and what the problem may have been? AND any possiblity of recovering them at all?

Well, another update on this

i went into my mozilla firefox folder, and looked for a bookmark file. i found one. but its one of my OLD OLD OLD bookmark files. Even with this, i'm still missing WAY over 50 sites i have added since i had that one made.

I'm not too familiar with Firefox, but Netscape creates a .bak folder in the event of a crash that has the most recent bookmark file up to the time of the failure. Are you finding anything like "bookmarks.bak"?

I'm also not sure what the .bak file includes; whether it is existing bookmarks plus new ones or just new ones.

no, i don't see anything like a bookmarks.bak file or anything.

this is quite annoying. No way i'll EVER remember all those URL's...much less remember all the sites i had on here to begin with.

plus, now i have to Re-organize my list. as my old list was not organized...oi. this could take a while. then finding all those Site URL's again will be a pain as well.

Back