• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate 160 gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You might want to add that 2 rebates are necessary. And there is no delivery, so you have to pick it up in-store although you can order it online.

Advice for the wary: the firm that handles the rebates for Seagate is terrible. If you buy, make sure you photocopy your forms/UPC's etc., before sending them off. If you have ANY problems, do not call the firm handling the rebates. Instead, call Seagate's customer service. They are nice and they will expedite your claim (unlike the rebate firm, who will tell you that you don't have a claim). I learned this one the hard way.

I'm kind of glad that I passed on this deal after hearing about these rebates. I've had good luck with WD and Maxtor (via CompUSA even!) rebates, but never did get a Seagate with rebates. This is a heck of a deal, though. I'm thinking I'll wait 'til November (Black Friday) to strike to get a new hard drive. Maybe by then I'll be able to get a 200 gig or a SATA for this price.

Back