• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firebat45

ok, i pulled all those stupid single pin connectors off my front audio connections, to put the wires into a 2x5 connector, but being the absent minded idiot i am, i forgot to mark which wire went where :bang head
btw, the front audio has a microphone and a headphone jack

my question is: are these wires standard colors? if so, which wire goes where?

there is a red, blue, green, yellow, grey, brown, black, and heatshrinked black (for the shield i think)

if these are not standard, is there anyone who can help me find out the proper connections? It is a aerocool jetmaster

or is there anyway to test for myself?

i tired googling diagrams, but there was nothing.

the single pins were labeled Mic-In, Mic-Power, R-Return, R-Out, L-Return, L-Out, Ground, Ground, and something else (i lost it already, might have been Mic-Out)

The two ground i know are the black wires, but everything else i forget.

i think it depends on your mobo, check your manual
ive never been able to connect front audio or usbs

not enough wires or something doesnt make sense or the 6usbs at the back and 4 on my monitor is enough :D

it has nothing to do with my manual, that is for the motherboard. I need to know which wire is what on my case. Also, i had it hooked up before, so i know its possible. It's just a little tricky. I had to fiddle alot to get it working on this mobo, my last one was easy.

well it *could* be standard, but i would be happier knowing for sure.

welp, i got impatient and just took a "educated" guess
and got it right, after a few tries. ( i had the return and out lines mixed up at the start.)

(educated as in i had a picture where you could just barely see the connectors, but they were all dark)

Back