• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with screen going blank

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krashnicki

I am having a problem with my screen going blank. When I run benchmarking programs such as 3DMark05 my screen goes blank. I have no problems playing doom 3 with all of the settings turned up or while doing everyday task. The only other time I experience this proplem is when I end a video game emulator such as ZSNES which has a GUI interface. I dont think that it is a hardware issue but a software issue. I have a apple 20inch display hooked up to a SLI system and I think this is causing the problem because in order to get my apple display to work on the SLI system I need to hook up a crt monitor, then activate SLl in windows, and then restart the computer with my Apple LCD hooked up. After that SLI remains activated. This problem occurs at stock speeds so I know it is not a problem with my system being overclocked. I have tried diffrent drivers and bios but still have the same problem. ANy suggestions?

Asus A8N-SLI Delux (1007 bios)
2 MSI Nvidia 6800 cards (71.89)
FX-55 cpu
2 gigs OCZ DDR 533 platnium ram
OCZ 600w PSU

Back