• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage setting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ohalexis

Registered
What is the difference between CPU VID startup value,VID Control and another special control in the bios?

Even I set the startup value to 1.525 and VID control to 1.525 and another one to VID*104%, smartgardian still reports as 1.52V,what is 104% do?

ohalexis said:
What is the difference between CPU VID startup value,VID Control and another special control in the bios?

Even I set the startup value to 1.525 and VID control to 1.525 and another one to VID*104%, smartgardian still reports as 1.52V,what is 104% do?

You are on the right track. The bios settings just do not deliver an actual accurate voltage setting. Smartgaurdian is probably pretty close even though you were expecting 1.586v from your bios setting. Mine does the same thing.

My bios setting is set at 1.595 but Smartguardian says its 1.55 and CPUz concurs with a 1.552 reading. Trust Smartguardian and not your bios. Just allow for the error and set bios higher than you actually want. That works.

The startup voltage is what the computer uses to post.

Back