• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 750 using 133 bus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

I just popped in my backup Duron 750, and I played around a little, today, but found that the multiplier won't unlock, and if I use any higher of a bus than 105 I lose my USB. Same thing happened with my Athlon but it went up to about 138, which means that it doesn't like anything 5 MHz over stock, I assume. *But*, would it be possible to clock my Duron up to 133 instead of 100 safely and not lose USB? I thought it might trick it to work.

Also, it should be able to hit 1000, since it's a really good stepping code.

If you can get the chip to boot and run stable at 1 gig (997). Then you shouldn't have a problem a 1/4 divider kicks in at 133 so your pci bus and usb bus speed will be back in spec.

about half the people on this forum can boot cold at 7.5x133 but Mine can't. I would unlock it if it won't work and run at 7x133+.

use a conductive pen and a toothpick.

mine boot at 133fsb and ran fine with everything but get error with prime95 , so now I am running at 132, and the usb work fine. my duron is a AKCA

you are all lucky that your duron is willing to run at those speeds
i think its my mobo that just doenst wont to be OC'ed ... but not to worry next week ill have another one
now: kt7e
next: kt7a

Hmm, I'm not sure whether to take the leap...I think once my replacement for my Athlon is ordered I might try it, since my Duron is just my backup for dead chips, and if I kill it then I won't be happy. :(

Try to lower your multiplier when you're running a duron at 133Mhz... there are cases that when you run at default multiplier and 133Mhz FSB, your system will not boot coz you have exceeded your chips speed limit...

I have that problem before, cant boot at 8.5x133, then I lowered my multiplier to 7.5 and it worked... I was able to boot at 6.5x160 but i cant get into Windows... durons are known to run well with high FSB's....

i12bina3 said:
hope i get my duron 600 akba to 900 or something ... i would be so happy ... now i just cant get it to run stable over 115fsb :(

i have my duron 600 akba running at 1028(7.5X137)

what temps do you have?

Back