• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new 3700+ San Diego Setup! CABHE Stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

managerman

Registered
After reading here and other forums to get educated...I took the plunge on a 3700+ San Diego! I decided to go all the way and do a Watercooled SLI setup!

The chip is a CABHE 0505 FPAW......Not a CABGE...this thing rocks!

I have the system running stable a 2.95 Ghz. Vcore is at 1.50v
Temps look a bit high at idle 38-40C...I used Arctic silver Ceramique...
Room temp is 76 F

The only issue is the memory is running at a 2T...not sure where I can change this to 1T in bios....Not sure if the memory can take it??? I have not updated the bios on the neo4 platinum sli (v3.0) If it's not broke don't fix it??

I have had it at 3 Ghz...but it was a little flaky....might be the mem...

Here are a couple of screenshots:

Some info

My System

Going to keep tweaking all week....any suggestions on how best to push it farther would be great...

Thanks to all here for all the great info! :)

-M

wow great chip! good job!

i'd guess your temps are high because your radiator is pretty small. have you tried putting memory on divider and pushing chip higher?

a 680w PS from.....Thermaltake? ewww :p

Nice work though. Guess for now we can pre-assume that your stepping is just as good as the CABGE.

crimedog said:
wow great chip! good job!

i'd guess your temps are high because your radiator is pretty small. have you tried putting memory on divider and pushing chip higher?

Thanks for the comments! :)

The radiator is a Black Ice Extreme with 2 120mm fans...one pulling and one pushing...

-M

SteveLord said:
a 680w PS from.....Thermaltake? ewww :p

Nice work though. Guess for now we can pre-assume that your stepping is just as good as the CABGE.

I was going to go with a OCZ powerstream....but could not pass on the deal I got for the Thermaltake....So far the Power is very stable...and I like that it has 3 12v rails....

Thanks for the comments...

-M

Dread-Star said:
You've got a good one!!! :thup:

I had a SD 4000 CABHE 0515 SPMW that gave me nothing but grief so I RMA'ed it and got a SD 4000 CABGE 0515 VPMW that is far better than the first one.

This new SD 4000 can only reach 2880 max bootable OC.

Which means about 2780 278x10 24/7 Prime etc. stable.

You should get 2850-2900 24/7 out of yours. Damn the one you have is what I was hoping for. Ah well, maybe next time.

These chips run HOT!!! I have 1 120mm Black Ice Pro and it is completely overwhelmed when the VCore is above 1.6v under load >47-49c @ 2800 280x 10 and above. < Ambient 75f > Using Arctic Ceramique TP

Good to hear there are some really good SD chips out there. :cool:

DREAD

Thanks for the nice comments!

I think I could get it over 3 ghz if I could raise the vcore a little bit.

The MSI neo4 platinum sli vcore adjustments do not work...only the option to raise the voltage by a 3.3%, 8.3%, etc...plus....at default the board is only suppliying 1.35v....=8.3% = 1.45v...

....I am waiting for a new bios update from MSI that might fix this...Is this because of the new volatge for SD and Venice....??

....I bet at 1.6v I could attain 3.0 stable....

-M

The bios has 2 options for changing the cpu voltage. CPU VID runs from like 0.825-1.5V. And then there is CPU voltage that has the percentages. Try changing the CPU VID.

Dread-Star said:
You've got a good one!!! :thup:

I had a SD 4000 CABHE 0515 SPMW that gave me nothing but grief so I RMA'ed it and got a SD 4000 CABGE 0515 VPMW that is far better than the first one.

This new SD 4000 can only reach 2880 max bootable OC.

You RMA'd a chip b/c it didn't oc as you expected?

so with your oc, what fsb are you running, and is your memory at 300MHZ as well or you are using dividers?

autoMATTic said:
The bios has 2 options for changing the cpu voltage. CPU VID runs from like 0.825-1.5V. And then there is CPU voltage that has the percentages. Try changing the CPU VID.

I tried setting the bios CPU VID from 1.425 to 1.50....the highest it will go at either of those settings is 1.42.....and when I add 8.3% It only goes to a max of 1.488-1.51...No matter what I set the CPU VID and the percentages....the highest I can get is 1.48v-1.51v. Is this a Venice/San Diego/MSI issue that can be solved with a bios update???

Thanks,

-M

Sucka said:
You're taking a hit running that memory at 2t. Nice system however.

I just found out that I can change to 1T in windows with a64 tweaker! Won't work in Bios....but will work in windows....that sure bumped up the Sandra memory scores ...now close to 8000....

-M

Dread-Star said:
Read more carefully before you post next time. ;)

DREAD

Your right b/c if you would have read my post you would have known that I didn't accuse you of anything. I was simply asking a question. The question mark at the end was the give away. ;)

Back