• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio not working on new 8k7a!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blabay

Registered
Well, I put my pc together a couple days ago and everything is working great except the onboard audio. I've installed the driver off the cd and everything appears correct. In fact, when I play a .wav file, you can see the level meter bounce up and down in the volume settings panel (when you right click on the speaker icon) but I get no sound at all. I know my connections and speakers are good because I get the beeps when I boot up the computer. There aren't any other sound cards installed, so nothing is conflicting. I believe I may have a bad board.

Any thoughts?

T-bird 1.33 @ 1.33
Epox 8k7a
256Meg Kingston DDR
Voodoo 3 PCI
15G HD

I had the same problem at 144fsb so I lowered it and now I don't seem to have any sound. I put in a sound blaster and everything is okay now.

Well i have the 8kha and i too use the onboard audio, i think that it has to be selected somewhere in the sound settings, maybe in right click my piuter then hardware then device manager, then go to sound devices. Try to select onboad there - i had to do it after installin ghe VIA drivers.

I've checked in the Device manager and it shows up as a Soundblaster and tells me that its working. Like I said, every indication tells me that its not a driver problem. If Windows didn't think there was an audio device, Music match and Winamp wouldn't work. I know because they didn't work b4 I installed the AC97 driver.

Back