• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS2 modding question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sheldron

THIS USER IS A TROLL-Per SSS
Hey, I've gotten my hands on a PS2 mod chip so I can play burned copies of my games while the originals sit safely in a storage box. I need to do this since my 7 year old son has managed to ruin at least 5 of my games with scratches that are beyond my Disk Dr.'s ability to repair them. If anyone knows of a way to find out how to install this mod chip I would greatly appreciate the help. The mod chip is a NEO v2.2 but all the mod-chip installation guides I could find were dependant on the PS2 version, which looks at the first 2 letters of the serial number. All the ones I've seen say that the serial starts with u0, u1, u2, etc, etc... but my problem is, my PS2's serial starts with "FS" not any of the ones mentioned... I bought the PS2 about a year ago when Best-Buy was having a sale on them that included the network adapter package for free. Someone please help!!!

Sorry...I do know a fair amount aboot electronics, but I have never installed a mod chip before. You should probably download the guides, and then compare the pics VERY carefully to the innards of your ps2. I looked into it a little bit, but I am too lazy to look it up, if you can post pics of your rig, and the pics for the instructions, I could help you out a lot more, I think we all could. IDK of too many people on these forums that have used mod chips, but then again I've never really asked either, so post some pics, and specific questions, and I'll do what I can.

Back