• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD vs UTT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrutalDrew

On some other forums I visit UTT RAM like the OCZ VX, Mushkin Redline and others are contantly recommended.

I see on this forum TCCD is recommended a lot. Why so? Is higher FSB better then tight timings? One thing I do like about UTT RAM is you can get some for really cheap such as the Mushkin RAM. From wehat I have seen TCCD is pretty expensive though.

What would be the best to go with on a new rig with an Athlon 64 3200/3000 Venice and a DFI Ultra-D NF4 mobo? If I do go UTT I will have a fan blowing over top of them so I won't need to worry about that.

well, you sould read up on some of these issues, there are so many threads.
But in my opinion Utt is better with 2-2-2-6 timings at about 260-280 htt than 300HTT with relaxed timings.

That is why im getting the mushkin redline today and possibly can hit higher than ocz vx which is good at 250-260 at 2-2-2-8
Yes a fan is a must if you want high oc!!!!!

I also have the dfi nforce 4 ut sli-dr

heres the deal. utt will beat tccd when its at 260 2-2-2-5 and tccd is at 315 2.5-4-4-7. madshrimps had something on it. utt is good with lots of voltage, and thus needs active cooling. if you get an xp90, then the air frow that will blow onto the ram, and youll be fine. tccd is about 185 for ocz plat rev 2, and utt is 103 for twinmos sp.

I am getting an XP-90, but putting an extra 92mm fan that I already have on there won't hurt anything.

yea, that will do good for cooling the mosfets and other stuff around there too. id say get a venice 3000+ too, they are clockign really well, stang8118's does 2.7ghz on an xp90 and is using twinmos sp too.

if anyone would upload a pic i would show u my rig how it looks with 2-92 mm fans

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
yea, that will do good for cooling the mosfets and other stuff around there too. id say get a venice 3000+ too, they are clockign really well, stang8118's does 2.7ghz on an xp90 and is using twinmos sp too.

Does the 10x multiplier on the 3200+ make it worth it over the 3000+ or do they both clock to about the same?

if anyone would upload a pic i would show u my rig how it looks with 2-92 mm fans

http://imageshack.us

it all depends, if you arent comfortable running 3.5v's through ram 24/7, then utt isnt for you. and no, the 10x multi is kinda negligable on compared to the 9x of the 3000+. they both clock similarly.

some people just have preferences. there will always be the guy whose ati biased, or nvidia biased, or intel biased or amd biased. they have no real reasons, they just like it more. tccd and utt are pretty much equal performers, one just needs 3.5v's and the other needs 2.8v's.

Back