• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative 6600 AGP cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dom_08

Registered
Sad to say, i am one of those (if not only one) who is stuck with a Inno3D GeForce 6600 128MB 128Bit AGP card... for me it is a good card (upgraded from a Inno3D GeForce FX5500 128MB 128Bit)...

but the temps is bothering me... and the problem is CoolerMaster CoolViva has problems on clearing the HSI or the bridge... and it that bridge should also have a heatsink...

so, if any of you could suggest a third party solution for my video card would be greatly appreciated...

NV Silencer or Zalman 7000CU work wonders, I'm not which version of the Silencer you need, someone will clear that up for you.

The NV silencer wont work with AGP cards.
The custom heatsink mentioned earlier would be much more difficult with an AGP card....This is because PCI-E cards have four holes around the GPU where as AGP cards dont. The Zalman may be your best option.

Last edited:
consumer9000 said:
Don't forget the STASIS IceStorm, it's the only aftermarket heatsink designed for a 6600GT AGP... :cool:

Unfortunatly he is running a 6600 non-GT.....does the STASIS still work with those?

If it's a 6600 AGP the dimensions will in fact be different most of the time. I'll look into it and let you know which brands would work if any. :shrug:

Back