• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to get 4ghz on my 3.2e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

I just got myself setup with an abit ic7-g maxII mobo

I had a p4c800e dlx until it died..

I cant get it stable at anything over 3.5 ish

I was wondering if you have some pointers
This is my first abit board and Im not to adept to overclocking with it yet.

ram is set at default right now I havent tried overclocking much yet I will hopefully soon..

I wonder if my ram isnt bad because i tried overclocking and I went to far in one shot and It wouldnt restart till i removed a few sticks of ram..

If my ram could be holding me back or bad what is the best way to test it.

it took water cooling & 1.55v on my 3.0E to get the gay *** C0 stepping to 4.01ghz, but i did it!!!

I had the stepping all figured out with CPUz, but to get more water I ran out, the store isnt open till tomarrow. I will find out for you when im up and running

the volts are stock right now.

i got my 3.2e to 4ghz on my stock cooler with stock voltage...not stable but with 1.425 i got it stable,
bump up the ram voltage, and slowly go up on the vcore, if all else fails, get alot more fans :D

If that 3.2E is a C0 or D0 stepping, then about 3.5 gig will be the point where you need more vcore.

I'm at 4.0 on my 3.2E C0 with 1.55v. I can Prime for about a half-hour before the PWM temp creeps up into the danger area (55+). I ocassionally get a crash to the desktop during heavy graphics gaming, but I don't know if it's the CPU o/c or the GPU o/c that's causing that. I fried my first IC-7G Priming at 1.685v with no sinks on the mosfets and no case fan blowing on the PWM area.

Last edited:
barnz0432 said:
I just got myself setup with an abit ic7-g maxII mobo

I had a p4c800e dlx until it died..

I cant get it stable at anything over 3.5 ish

I was wondering if you have some pointers
This is my first abit board and Im not to adept to overclocking with it yet.

ram is set at default right now I havent tried overclocking much yet I will hopefully soon..

I wonder if my ram isnt bad because i tried overclocking and I went to far in one shot and It wouldnt restart till i removed a few sticks of ram..

If my ram could be holding me back or bad what is the best way to test it.

lol, most of the posts above have been of people bragging about what their cpu can do, and is probably exaggerated anyway.

To help you barnz0432, having ddr400, you will want to use ratio 5:4 on the ram and give it 2.7/2.8 volts, dividers are kinda harsh on the ram campared to 1:1, and maybe just have 1 gig in, until you find the stable overclock for your cpu. I wouldnt go over 1.50v really unless your mobo mosfets are sinked. Once you have found your highest stable overclock you can then tweak ram etc etc.

Have fun.

Last edited:
just to let everyone know

I finally got 4.0 ghz on my 3.2e CO stepping :santa:

It posted at 4.2

my ram is holding me back so after I get my new ram and get everything sinked I will try for more....and more

L33M said:
I'm at 4.0 on my 3.2E C0 with 1.55v. I can Prime for about a half-hour before the PWM temp creeps up into the danger area (55+). I ocassionally get a crash to the desktop during heavy graphics gaming, but I don't know if it's the CPU o/c or the GPU o/c that's causing that. I fried my first IC-7G Priming at 1.685v with no sinks on the mosfets and no case fan blowing on the PWM area.

learn from this, you might not be getting the overclock that you want due to the stress the fets are under. sink them and cool them. esp. when dual priming on the middle option (max heat/power).

L33M said:

i blew a mosfet on a day old ic7-g max2 when i was priming with it @ 1.65 so i can relate. i even had the fets sunk and actively cooled and still blew one. :shrug:

Im at 3.9ghz at 1:1

with my new OCZ Platinum rev.2 ram :santa:

My timings are 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.8v

my cpu is at 1.55v and at 244 fsb

I was wondering what it would take for timings to get me stable at 4ghz

suggested TCCD/TCC5 timings:

2-2-2-5 @ 200mhz (DDR400)

2.5-3-3-6 @ 250mhz (DDR 500)

2.5-3-3-7 @ 275mhz (DDR 550)

3-4-4-8 @ 300mhz (DDR600)

Back