• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system hangs on boot screen periodically??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StevenLow

Registered
once and a while (every 3 days or so) my setup will go into almost a hibernation mode, the screensaver goes on, then the monitor turns off. then i wiggle the mouse and the monitor doesn't turn on. so i turn the monitor off then back on. still no luck. so i reboot, then i get to the boot screen (the one for the mobo, not the os) and it just hangs right there and displays 'lanparty nf4' on the screen and it does nothing. the only way i can fix it is to remove the battery and perform a hard reset of the mobo.

thanks for reading the long post, and any help would be greatly appreciated

fyi, i am running everything at stock speeds, so you can rule out overclocking being the problem. i am also running all the latest drivers for everything, except for the mobo, i haven't updated the bios since i built the system back in march. maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't.

What BIOS are you using? You said March, are you using the 310 BIOS? You may want to post over at www.dfi-street.com. There are a couple guys that work for DFI over there as well as lots of other people that may be able to help you.

wierd...it booted up...after a couple tries of just restarting it

i will update the bios asap, i don't know what one i am using right now

Go into your BIOS and turn full screen logo off, then when you boot up, look at the bottom and you will see which BIOS you have. If it is anything earlier than the 3-10 BIOS, that is likely your problem.

Back