• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3400+M Newark on the way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KrisMCool

I'll have a 3400+M Newark next week. I haven't noticed anyone here talking about them (might have missed it). I've been following the thread about the initial 3700+ results at XS, looks like very respectable speeds at low voltage. I'll post my results here when I get it. Anyone here with their Newark experience?

ive seen the 3700+ clock really well, via ozzimark/(cf)eclipse at XS/[H]ard. I have yet to see a 3400+, im really wondering how this baby will clock. i hear they dont like high htt speeds. i cant wait to see this unfold.

Now if only DFI would make a Socket 754 motherboard that supported PCI-E...\
Good luck with the Newark though, hopefully It will put the Venice to shame :)

Ozzimark's results have me pretty excited. But I've been disappointed before (3400+ DTR), so I won't count my chickens yet. I only noticed one other guy with a 3400+ (no results yet), as the rest are 3700+s. Hopefully these chips haven't been tightly binned. Here's to uncharted territory. :beer:

Lower temps and vcore is what I'm after (along with higher clocks, of course), though my mobile Claw hasn't been bad on temps.

wow... i cant wait for results!
newark will be my upgrade chip.. whenever i upgrade... :-/ being poor sucks.. i need a new vid card and ram 1st...

Thought it would be here today, but it will be tomorrow. I ordered the CPU from Shentech.com. Never heard of them until now. Spoke to one of their reps on the phone - seem like good people and quick to respond. I know I won't be approaching WR territory like Conrad at XS (~3367 MHz), but results like that have got me stoked.

EDIT: Conrad at XS broke the S754 World Record with his 3700+ Newark - 3425 MHz. How sweet!

Last edited:
Well, initial testing isn't looking too good on my Newark. Only barely above my Mobile Claw so far. 2640 at 1.54v stable so far. Temps are good, 36°C at load. I can get into Windows over 2.9GHz, but can't get her stable. I've got a lot more testing to do, but I think these chips may be binned pretty tightly. Have to see what others get with theirs. I should have just forked over the extra dough for the 3700+.

BTW, here are the numbers: AMN3400BKX5BU CABHE 0512 XPCW

Back