• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what games can you expect a GeForce MX4000 to handle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For that price you can get a 6200 on ebay, perhaps even a 6600 which would offer much better peformance. At the very least you should be able to get a 9600PRO

Umm, I dont mean to be contrary, but I searched the completed listings for a 6200 and the cheaped sold for $61 + $4 shipping. Thats almost 2x the price of the MX4000.

On the other hand, $50 will get you a new 9600PRO, shipped.

ya, a 9600 pro would be a lot more powerful of a choice......and well worth the extra few dollars. It will play some of the more modern games decently.

lol, an mx400, wasnt bad in it's day.....but its not its day any more

i wouldnt expect to run much on an athlon 900 with a geforce 4 mx. you could probably get a geforce 4 ti4200 for around $20 used or refurbished.

damarble said:
Link:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=323281

Building a super cheap comp for the little bro, Athlon 900, and was thinking about a card like this for him. Whaddya think?

You should be able to play Half-Life, Quake3, Unreal, RTCW :clap: and some of the other old games, but don't even try running any of the new stuff/HL2, Doom3, Far Cry... or your computer will blow up, LOL

You can get a refurb ti4200 from PNY for 20, but they are backordered right now. Not sure how the performance compares to the MX4000, but you can get a GeForce3 Ti500 also from PNY for 30.

What's it gonna take to run GTA 3? It ran, but not well (10fps) on my laptop in sig. He likes Q3 and Red Faction, which both run excellent on my laptop.

i have a good ol gf4mx4000 :p.. nice to see someone else who has one lol, but yeah, should be able to run 2k4 (mine does) just dont run it under fsaa or af x.x totally kills the card even when oc'd

Careface*

I used to run ut2k4 on my mmx440 also... it ran pretty good in linux, dunno what the difference would be running it in windows.

I settled for a ASUS 16MB V3800. It was FREE! I stuck it in my #2 rig to try it out, it loads XP fine. Didnt try to game though. I think it said RIVA TNT2.

Yeah, it's old, but it will get the comp running for now.

I realize how old this thread is, but for the records (for those who search for this sort of thing like I was) my MX4000 in my backup box (PIII 800MHz, 384MB RAM) will run UT2K4 just fine, just not on very high settings (medium-low at 800x600) and CS:S (haven't tried HL2 yet, but it is probably worse, much more complex/more objects) at a steady 30-40FPS.... not great, but it works for killing time at school during lunch or other such times.

My last rig (1100mhz celly, and a tnt 32mb agp card) ran madden 06 perfectly fine at low settings. I played pretty much any game out on ultra low settings and 800x600 resolution. Some people think that you need to run 1600x1200 resolution in order to game! lol

Back