• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

found this good deal on 40mm Counter-Rotaing fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=CF-224&type=store

CF-224.jpg

15 bucks

rseven said:
Shouldn't that thing have wings?

no but just make sure you chain down the rig good

honhon said:
what would you use it for or where could it go?
i was thinking that if you cut a similarly size slit on the top or side it would be a nice case blower

Zulu-1 said:
looks noisy
wuss :p j/k i personlly prefer not to have my ears bleed when sit at my desk but i know others on the cooling forum go all out

kayson said:
Looks good, but thats a lot of wires. How do you hook that thing up?

you could jsut crimp some molex's on there or something

It is a fan assembly using 4 dual motored fans that are 40x40x48. One of the dual fans is a 3 blade and the 2nd is a 5-blade to help push air. 1.14 amps seems to be logical for that. It can be disassembled into 8 smaller 40x40 fans.

I couldn't find any quick info on the fans tho but the model number is there.

I would guess it is for tight cramped spaces like rack server cases where high pressure is needed to push air through it. I don't see how it could be anything but noisy in normal computer apps. 8 40mm fans is not my idea of a good cooling system

JT

Last edited:
well my main point being that it was 15 bucks

Jtanczos said:
For 8 40mm fans, $15 is great! :)

Still half an amp per fan is kinda high.My 120mm denkis take that.

JT
They eat lots of power and in addition are probably noisy little buzz bombs. Fast spinning 40mm fans are a prescription for a high pitched whine. In this case multiply it by four! A good 120mm fan moves as much air and makes less noise. They are selling cheap because nobody wants them, and I can easily see why.

rseven said:
They eat lots of power and in addition are probably noisy little buzz bombs. Fast spinning 40mm fans are a prescription for a high pitched whine. In this case multiply it by four! A good 120mm fan moves as much air and makes less noise. They are selling cheap because nobody wants them, and I can easily see why.
lol still would be fun to play with, might have to get one just to see how screeching they are. who knows, one always needs fans :)

That is an incredible deal, I use the JMC version of this fan, and these fans cost $12.00+$3.85 shipping for ONE

These counter-rotating fans at 12volts are loud, run at around 10000rpm, but when run at 6-7 volts they are quiet. These are the ultimate Northbridge heatsink fans. Rewiring them is simple, done it before and looks like I will do it again. These fans rock, the Sanyo Denki version of this fan is $34 for ONE fan, here you get FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice find Crash893 !!!
I am ordering this AVC fan assembly as soon as I hit the Submit Reply button here.

Silversinksam said:
That is an incredible deal, I use the JMC version of this fan, and these fans cost $12.00+$3.85 shipping for ONE

These counter-rotating fans at 12volts are loud, run at around 10000rpm, but when run at 6-7 volts they are quiet. These are the ultimate Northbridge heatsink fans. Rewiring them is simple, done it before and looks like I will do it again. These fans rock, the Sanyo Denki version of this fan is $34 for ONE fan, here you get FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice find Crash893 !!!
I am ordering this AVC fan assembly as soon as I hit the Submit Reply button here.
aye, already ordered mine BEFORE hitting Submit Reply ;)

pik4chu said:
aye, already ordered mine BEFORE hitting Submit Reply ;)

While I was there I had to order a couple of these Sanyo Denki 40mm fan as well as it's the first time I've seen a 10,300rpm standard 40mm fan for $3.50. I have a obsessive compulsive impulsive disorder when I see a Sanyo Denki on the cheap.:)

I have more fans than some online vendors, soon I will change my forum name from Silversinksam to FanmanSam :p

PS I'm redirecting this thread to Cyber Deals as this is a good deal, I also changed the thread title from: Found this to: found this good deal on 40mm Counter-Rotaing fans

apprently my decription was not very decriptive

Back