• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI NF4 Ultra D build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldOne

I am building my 15 year old son's system tonight, it consists of a

FX-55 San Diego the heatsink that came with the cpu is a heat pipe config
DFI NF4 Ultra D
1Gb G.Skill mem
XP-90 with Delta fan
Sapphre ATI X850XT PCIE [not sure if that was the best video card to get]
PC Power&Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe PSU
SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
Aspire XNavigator,I pictched out the PSU that came with the case.
He picked out the case.
74 Gig Raptor 80 Gig segate for backup.
Going to get another Raptor to run Raid0.
Using AS5
CDrom DVD burner.

This is my second build and I really like building these systems. :cool:

ludeboy12 said:
damn with a rig like that its gonna be hard to get the kid off it from time to time.....

It was hard to get him off with his old system.Thats ok the wireless router is in my office :D

you are a very good dad :) not every parents would spend that much money on PC for their childrens maybe order Dell system then that's it

Well we had a set back.I ordered the wrong PSU.I got a 20 pin when I thought I was getting a 24 pin.Oh well,my son is driving me nuts,he wants this like yesterday. :rolleyes: He does have his moments.

JasonE4 said:
Good deal on a 24-pin psu - link

Man,that is a good deal.But I all ready ordered a 510 SLI from PCPower&Cooling.
I am going to buy 10 of that psu for our office.We build all our own computers for my company.One of my tecks worked for a company that built experments that went up on the space shuttle.Glad they cut NASAs budget,he now works for me. :D Keeps me out of trouble.I will have picks soon.

Not bad for a 15 year old kid, but why such an expensive parts? You could just get him cheep LBBLE's and OC'it along with 6600GT and saved ton of money or did you decided to go with this so he can be safe in future?

Also FX-55 and x850XT is he a heavy gamer and aren't you concerned that his grades will drop :D

RedDragonXXX said:
Not bad for a 15 year old kid, but why such an expensive parts? You could just get him cheep LBBLE's and OC'it along with 6600GT and saved ton of money or did you decided to go with this so he can be safe in future?

Also FX-55 and x850XT is he a heavy gamer and aren't you concerned that his grades will drop :D

His friends have been bragging about their computers for a while so I gave him one to brag about :drool:
I had the money and he is a good kid.All A's and he does what I ask him to do most of the time.This is the system that I wanted to build for myself when NF4 boards first came out.I am happy with what I have except for the video cards so he got it.He does mod renderings and he is a heavy gamer,so am I.BF2 is preordered.Not going to do a thing on the 22nd.We game together on line. Yes he is good for a long time with this build.Mybe see what SLI does and do the SLI mod.
He is out of school for the summer so he can get it out of his system before school starts. He has a part time job,will see how that goes :D

Back