• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.33 @ 1.53Ghz Been working for 2 months now starting to freeze ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

My computer has been working great. Now lately its starting to freeze on my desktop , I haven't touched it I have no idea wuts wrong my +5 is above 5v and my IRQs are all good any one have any idea why its starting to freeze ? o ya is my 1.33 @ 1.53 equivalent to the 1800 Athlon XP ? Thanks in advance for help.

ReTiCuLeX G)Ds

Whats most likely happened is that your system has built up a lot of dust. Dust as you know counters the performance of all hsf combos. Clean your mc462 with an airspray cleaner, and you should be set to go again.

If you are still freezing, your ambient temps may have gone up due to case ventilation or just weather. Check all case fans for dust.

BTW 1533 TB doesnt compare to a 1800 (1533) Palomino. The inbuilt TLB and SSE instructions make the processor a lot faster at certain things.

Good Luck.

Hmm... Theres like no dust in my case. It still keeps locking I even tried lowering the speed. Hey larry what thread bro are you talking about ? I think for xmas im gona get an 1700Mhz Athlon XP when they are out those processors sound nice and I heard they could hit 2ghz easily.

Hmm, this could be an os issue. What os do u have? Tryed to re-install? Or u did any driver update? If u underclocked, and it still freezing, it could just be software problem. Or, unfortunately, you got an stressed piece of hardware.
Oh! How do you closed the L1 briedges? If you unlocked it with pencil, try redoing the job, or using that "magical repair pen".

I have Windows XP Pro 2600 Oem Full been runing it for 2 months. Maybe I just need a format today my comp has been working pretty good i gave it the old burn in and overclocked some more lol. If my cpu gives me probs I overclocker her some more make her mad till she stops freezing lmfao. My cpu is unlocked it ain't the L1's thanks for the help , info =).

Back