• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Useful, Beginners guide to linux distros

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flamed_Chip

There are always lots of questions about the differences between distros in here. This link has a good begginers guide to a few of the big Linux distros. It doesn't go into great depth but its a good introduction.

Last edited:
I think this should be added to one of the stickies :) Its got some very good information in it

It's a bit basic, I'm working on a more detailed one at the moment. Hopefully should post it when I get a bit of time to finish it in the next few days.

To:Flamed_Chip

May I suggest that you add some screenshots of popular distributions in your guide? Personally, I would create an Introduction to Linux Guide, and then a guide for distros you feel are most-used.
Regards, Troy

I would include screenshots but there really isn't much point as all it will show is what the WM/DE looks like, maybe with a few slight vendor customizations like wallpaper and icons. I'm going on holiday tommorow so unfortunatly I won't be able to finish this off for another week. :(

Back