• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electrorcamd

I just reinstalled Server 2003 EE w/ SP1 today. Now I can't play a couple of my games, and it seems like it is a DirectX problem. The EAsy info program that is included with many EA games detects my DirectX version as 6.0. When I start BF1942, it starts to open it and then closes again before it shows anything. I think this is related to the DX problem, but I'm not sure.
Dxdiag says that I have DX 9.0C and so does Everest Home edition. The nvidia control panel lists it as DX 3.0. Then EAsy Info says 6.0. What's going on with this?

I can play Nascar Thunder 2004 just fine; I haven't tried any other games though (besides BF1942).

Edit: Forgot to add that I tried to reinstall DX 9.0C and it said everything was reinstalled.

electrorcamd said:
I just reinstalled Server 2003 EE w/ SP1 today. Now I can't play a couple of my games, and it seems like it is a DirectX problem. The EAsy info program that is included with many EA games detects my DirectX version as 6.0. When I start BF1942, it starts to open it and then closes again before it shows anything. I think this is related to the DX problem, but I'm not sure.
Dxdiag says that I have DX 9.0C and so does Everest Home edition. The nvidia control panel lists it as DX 3.0. Then EAsy Info says 6.0. What's going on with this?

I can play Nascar Thunder 2004 just fine; I haven't tried any other games though (besides BF1942).

Edit: Forgot to add that I tried to reinstall DX 9.0C and it said everything was reinstalled.

i had the same problem with 3dmark01 on one of my computers before... never fiigured out why. hopefully somebody knows a solution.

Open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool | "Display" tab | Check to make sure DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, and AGP Texture Acceleration are all set to "Enabled". Next, open Display Properties | "Settings" tab | "Advanced" button | "Troubleshoot" tab | Check to make sure the "Hardware acceleration" slider is set to "Full".

I reinstalled onto a different hdd, but I'm still having basically the same problems. Then nvidia drivers only show that I have DirectX 3. I tried running 3DMark01SE and it said that I don't have DX 8.1 installed. Dxdiag still says 9.0c.
I also can't enable AGP Texture Acceleration now, it says it is not available. This is a fresh install, nothing except drivers, benchmarks, and Firefox installed.

In addition to the DX problems, PCMark04 is saying that I need to install Windows Media Player 9 or newer, yet Server 2003 w/ SP1 installed Media Player 10 by default.
Any ideas on either problem?

Assuming you're having problems with the GeForce FX5700LE listed in your sig, do you have Sidebanding / Sideband addressing enabled? (check under Display Properties | "Settings" tab | "Advanced" button | "GeForce" tab | "AGP Settings" in the side panel.) What's the "AGP Aperture Size" set to in the BIOS, and which driver set do you have installed for your VC?

Last edited:
I'm in Linux right now, but I'm pretty sure sba was enabled. AGP Aperture size is set to 128MB, and the driver I have right now is 56.56, but on the last install I tried a few different ones, including 53.03 and 71.89.

Back