• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sufficient?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NsOmNiA91130

Well, I'm building a computer, and today I ordered a heatsink and a processor from newegg. I already have 2 case fans pushing 32.11 cfm. The processor is a Duron 1.8Ghz (gonna be overclocked, hopefully, to about 2.2 GHz) Socket A. The heatsink is a COOLER MASTER ACC-L81-UB 80mm Rifle Cooling Fan/Heatsink.

LINK

It pushes about 33 cfm.

Is that enough cooling? Probably is, I just wanna make sure.

^^ agreed.

Should be adequate.

The HSF has a thermal resistans of roughly .54 C/W (Only found one site with a complete spec sheet http://www.svc.com/acc-l81-ub.html )

I'm guessing thats the thermal resistance of JUST the sink, as that seems WAY high for actual performance with the fan. But not sure, was unabel to locate any other information regarding specs. If that is the actually resistance of the sink with fan, thats kind of on the low end of sinks, and in actuality, the stock AMD HSF would perform better IIRC stock AMD is .50 C/W

Last edited:
Yeah, the processor is OEM, so it doesn't come with a heatsink. I'll probably get a better one when I need it to. Besides, I'm not gonna overclock till summer's over, cause my room likes to be almost 30* C.

Then the Sink will work fine. I would recomend a better sink though if you are looking for a good OC.

Sorry to revive this, but I'd also like to mention that theres only about 18 mm between the top edge of the socket and my PSU. Link to mobo HERE . If you guys know of ANY heatsinks that are only as big as an 80mm fan, please, tell me.

Last edited:
I bought the same HS for my Socket A processor. It's really quite, butna bugger to fit. It just squizes in.

Back