• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SuperLAN Boy + Big Typhoon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red-Dog

Hello overclockers, recently I have just order parts for a new computer, a friend of mine followed my lead and has done so aswell. He is building a AMD64 gaming rig around the SuperLAN Boy case.
He asked me if the case is large enough to house a Big Typhoon to cool his processor. I told him I had no idea, but since I've got great advice from here, I'm hoping one of you can have some input.

motherboard

Thanks,
I dont know what he will order but I asume its either a DFI or Asus??? I got a DFI for my recent build and recommended it but I have know idea what he will get.

if the socket is closer to the middle of the board, there should be no issue (most S939 boards are). If it's closer to the to, it may be an issue where the PSU might hinder installation.

Also note that with a board with PCI-E, that the cooler may be very close to a video card, especially if it has heatsinks on the back of the card.

Back