• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro w/ 3d issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caincha

Ok, I just got this Saphire 9800pro 128mb 256bits w/ dark/brown PCB.
No bios flash, and no O/C as of yet, but I can't seem to use it's 3d features!
Everything seems fine, but some XP screens (like that when you go to My Computer) appears in some green-ish way instead of the default blue patern.
Not only that, but when I try to use something like Google Earth, the 3d images gets checkered....
Any Ideas as to why this happens?
Bad card maybe...? :shrug:
Thanks everyone!

What drivers are you using?
Give a quick run through something like 3dmark03 or aquamark.. if it shows up bad in that most likely a bad card :S

I tried flashing 6 different BIOSes:
2 9800pros
1 9800np
1 9800 XT
2 that I don't remember 'cause didn't work
Still checkered... Damn!
I begin to think it is a bad card...
Pics of the card w/ the mods I made:
DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

Goateh said:
What drivers are you using?
Give a quick run through something like 3dmark03 or aquamark.. if it shows up bad in that most likely a bad card :S
I'm using Catalyst 5.6 (5-6_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_23864)
The problems I got...
I don't know, probably "paper-weight model" vid card... :bang head

EDIT- gone from Catalyst to Omega. Nothing changes... :eh?:

Last edited:
3DMark03 scored 1700
Seeing the crap images it showed, I'm guessing this score is worse than bad, right..?
Damn...

yaeh, I score about that with my 9500pro I think. I haven't done the test in a while, but that score is waaay too low

Yeah, I'm really tempted to test this board's flying ability.... To see how far I can throw this crap! :mad:

Back