• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New website. Gallery progy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeiou

I am setting up a new website and I was looking for a program to create a gallery simplily. I created my old one (http://geocities.com/jeffmurray53704/gallery.htm) just using frames, but I would like to be able to do it quicker. I would like it to generate plain html (not using activex like microsoft's powertoy or php like some I've seen as my hosting does not currently have php on the plan). I would like for it to look similar to the old page where it has smaller thumbnails and has a link to the bigger versions.

Btw- the website is going to be at www.jbmphotography.com

could use dreamweaver for the page layout and photoshop to resize? (or the free alternatives to the programs, im just not familiar with any of them)

why not just use the old one? jsut replace the pics in it and you're good to go.

I suppose I could, but It has been a hassle to chnge the backround (i want the new website to have ablack backround). I just want something to do it for me automatically so I don't have to spend the time resizing and writing code.

I have been trying to find the same sort of software! I gave up in the end and wrote my own. Its still in an early stage, but you can see what it does on my website - http://lonewolf.websiteallies.com/gallery.htm. You can be amoung the first to see my website as no one else knows about it! Its not finished by any means, but PM me what you think of it so far if you want.

I am currently putting in a next/previous image to the large image display, and maybe a slide show mode. There is no dhtml/flash/perl/php or any server crp, just raw html.

If there is a market for this sort of software (and free) then I could adapt it to be universal (currently it's taylored to meet my needs and has hard coded formatting etc...)

Lonew0lf said:
<threadjack>

I think it was about 4-5 seconds with F11 aperture, 1 good photo out of about 20!

</threadjack>

I hear ya.... the pro's secret: "take LOTS of pictures."

Back