• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best sites for PSU reviews?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only reviews I have seen that are useful are the ones at Xbit Labs. They don't review supplies very often, however. It takes greater technical expertise than most sites bring to bear to really tell you anything you couldn't guess for yourself. In the end, after you try a supply, you know something. Most times this is the only way.

Silent PC Review does very good power supply reviews. Even if you not interested in how quiet the psu is there is still alot of good information to be had in the pictures, efficiency measurements and voltage regulation statistics. The most important thing is that their testing is very consistent, so you can easily compare two power supplies.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/section4.html

I feel I got my best information right here on this site, Reviews are nice, However for the most part they just do a quick test, No real input on longevity and day to day operation. Here you get feedback from real users who have used their equipment day to day. To me that feedback had far more impact than a quick review by a hardware site. ( Not saying they are bad). I just feel the information I got here when making a purchase was far more indepth and in the end more valuable.

My favorite sites in order of the ones I find do the best testing are Xbit, SilentPCReview, ExtremeOC, and SL Central. At the moment there's a fair gap between the first two and final two due to lack of test equipment, but all four have at least load testers. Tom's has a load tester, but they only measure efficiency with it lately. They used to have decent reviews, but not so much anymore.

I too get my longevity information by studying user experiences on several message boards. When a new model comes up, I usually spend a couple months waiting for the early adopters to report back on their investment and then compare with what I've been able to learn about the OEM in the past before making up my mind whether I want to recommend it or not.

Back