• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucniing, little help here..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WingsofGOD

Just started crunching for Overclockers a few days ago. Installed on my linux machine and the ol ladies windows machaine... What i dont get is how the windows box is receiving more credits being a 32bit 2600+ at stock speeds, and my linux box is a 3000+ @ 2.25 ghz...

Code:
1162260	CRISTI 	85.68	55.78	AuthenticAMD  AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+	Microsoft Windows XP  Professional Edition, Service Pack 2, (05.01.2600.00)
Code:
 1162201	****** 	34.64	47.53	AuthenticAMD  AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+	Linux  2.6.8-24.10-default

The linux box has about 200 megs more free ram when everything is loaded than the windows machine too.... Is it just because of the size and type of WU's that have been sent to each puter?

Just looks odd..

I believe it has something to do with the Linux version of BOINC not being as optimized as the Windows version.

Bascily what happens is when BOINC does the benchmarking on the machine, it gives higher numbers for the windows version, and the benchmark is used as part of determining credit.

I'm not all that familiar with the Linux version of BOINC, but I believe an optimized Linux version was compiled that should help your situation. Someone else should be able to pop in and answer where to get this.

Them pages are in Japanese or something :) After a few days, the linux box is almost double the production of the windows box. Guess it just took awhile to get everything flowing...

Thanks, i run a few servers from the linux box, but is nice to have it doing something actually usefull when it's sitting... Oh, and linux box is currently crushing the windows box. Running good...

Back