• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7n8x-e Deluxe Temperature Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grindee

Hello i just bought an A7n8x-e deluxe mobo today, and i have noticed that the temps are much higher then the readings on my epox 8rga+... my idle is now around 42 instead of 32, any idea why this is? I am using speedfan, and i have reseated the waterblock 2x and the footprint shows its making good contact..

Thanks in advance

Actually, there have been quite a few threads about this, one of my own too. The board im currently using shows my diode temps to be atleast 10c higher than what it used to show in my previous two boards with the same setup. And all of them were the diode temps (that winbondxxxx sensor).
Infact i was kinda surprised when i first set it up. and just to be sure i switched it back to my old board immediately and it was about 11c lower. wierd.

oh yea, if it matters, my board rev. is 1.04 and im not sure if this problem is just with 1.xx boards or has carried on to the 2.0 boards too.

I can tell you first hand that these boards can have issues with the temp readings. I fried my first board (flexed the dumb thing adding a component) and bought a second which resulted in around a 7C temp jump. All my components stayed the same and after reseating the heatsink and reapplying thermal paste about three times I realized it was just the temp diode. I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Back