• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sli - Loop/pressure Q?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zentar

Registered
-- My system is a DFI SLi system with an Athlon 4000+ & 2x 6800gt's--I have an Asetek WaterChill(KT12A-SL35) with a tripple rad & a SL35 pump. To my suprise when i hooked up the system my CPU idle's in the mid-high 40's and hit's low 50's under load, my GPU's idle in mid 40's and hit 50 degrees when gaming. My cpu water block has one input & 2 outputs. Usaully the 2 outputs are joined back into one channel with a connecter when they come out of the cpu block but since i have SLI i figured i wouldn't connect the 2 channel when they come out of the CPU block but run each of the 2 output's to my GPU's then connect them back into one channel. The question is about my loop though. Apparently sumthing is wrong and i amagine it's the way i have my loop set up? I guess i need to order more tubing and set up my loop the way they tradionally are? I also have close to 1.5ft of xtra tubing in the system now that i look at it more closely. Could that impact my performance that much? I've also re-set my cpu block a few times now with same results.- any suggestions ?

It is not the extra 1.5ft of tubing that is causing this. The way you have your loop set up is probably the cause of the gpu temps. Now as far as the cpu goes there is a sticky at the top of this page that has common solutions to these types of problems I suggest you give that a read.

Back