• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmarking Dual Core for Folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
A few of you folders asked if I would mind benchmarking the fold on my dual core system. Seeing as how seti is still recovering from an outage I figure now is good time to do this. So I need you guys to give me all the info on running a folding test on this rig.

Hmm, there is no benchmark in FAH like the SETI benchmark. You just need to run 2 instances of FAH and post some frame times and the WU you are working on. The dual core chip will act just a any dual system in fah...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=231247

as linked from our uber-sticky.... Wedo's Ultimate F@H Install Guide.

Find the Dually setup (or Quad setup if you have Hyperthreading in that Dual-core).... and install it... but before doing so... edit the client.cfg file (in notepad only!) and change the user name from Wedo to TC, so we know its you and can track the progress.

Eagerly awaiting the results :) I am in the planning and purchasing phase of a new main rig that will be a dual core AMD. Won't be finished getting my parts until the first week of september however so would love to hear how dual core systems are performing in FAH.

Got it - I'll get this running sometime tomorrow as work permits.

there is a stanford benchmark. it's in the log file. go to the fah directory and open the FAHlog.txt go to the log where the console was just started, that is when it does the benchmark. i'd be curious to see what you get.

I see it just returned a couple of work units. That's almost 3 days to complete 2 units. Seems awfully slow compared to seti where it kicks out 2 units about every 50 minutes.

I'm folding for our team of course - looks like I have some twins on other teams. And I have folded for us in the past, so I didn't earn all of those credits in 3 days. I figured you guys had a way of looking at what each host machine for an account was doing like boinc does. Does all of credit for user get lumped together with no way of distinguishing which computer did what?

Perhaps EM would give me a better idea of what's going on? It's going to get messy soon with 7 more computers coming online.

Back