• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hacked Firmware for Routers? (D-Link)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crana

Is it possible to get hacked firmware for routers?? Like to change the interface or maybe make it faster or somthing :shrug:

i never heard of any for the D Link. I know there is for the Linksys i have the moded firmware on mine so i can sit at the pool and still be on my Computer :D

Lotec

yea if you need or want a plethora of features then you'll want yourself a wrt54g its relatively cheap and you'll be able to change to many different firmwares.

also if you unaware of why this is linksys specific it's because linksys's firmware is linux based makeing it the easiest to mod due to them having to post their source code due to the GPL with other companies they run closed source, mostly proprietary code are able to keep it closed source making it near impossible to be able to mod

Back