• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My pump is making noises....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooziewhatsit

Is my pump about to die??

Hey all. My maxi-jet 1200 pump I have in my watercooling setup has been making a rattling noise the last few days. I'm sure that there is no air in it, and it isn't just vibrating on the ground. I've only had the pump for about 2 months now.

If anyone knows how to fix this, or if it means inpending pump failure, could you let me know?

thanks

Last edited:
I just took my pump apart and found lots of crud on the shaft that the impeller rotates on. I scraped all of it off, and found that the shaft has a lot of scrapes on it. I'm thinking that's where most of the noise is coming from.

anyways, I put it back together and it didn't get much better.

anyone have any ideas?

dont buy that pump again:D

hmm

I know some mag-drive pumps raddle and you can fix it by doing something to the impiler.......

someone else may have something

i had a dannaer mag 7 pump that i thought was vibrating and causing noise, and it ended up being the impeller (i could hold the pump off the bottom of the reservoir in my hand and it still rattled). the company i bought mine from sent me a free replacement impeller and it fixed all the noise. looking at the old impeller, it only had a very small scratch on the end, but in comparison i think that was actually the only difference.

Back