• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the difference between these two enermax psu's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I beleive the second one is likely to be quieter than the first, as it includes "Whisper II" in its name.

I believe the former is a 20-pin ATX unit and the latter has the 24-pin ATX connector. If there are any other differences, I am unaware of them. I also suspect neither is capable of the rated 33A on the 12V line.

so do u guys think they are decent psu's for an amd64 system?

i asked about the difference because the price difference is like 20 bucks

and how do i know whether to get a 20-pin or a 24-pin?

you should pretty much always go for a 24pin these days. Most 24pin will include an adapter or way to plug into a 20pin adapter.

They would be fine but you should describe the rest of your system in detail to get a better answer.

the FMA has the manual fan adjustment for the fan on the bottom, the FC is motherboard controlled.

As Larva said, the 33A rating on the +12v rail may not be attainable.

planning on:

amd64 3200+ venice s939
radeon x800xl
epox 9npa+
1gb corsair value select

looking for a quality, quiet psu, this whole board seems to really loves the fortron ax500 but i really want to get a psu from newegg so i can get all my parts together and also, ewiz wants $13 shipping for UPS Ground for the fortron

i hear enermax makes quality stable psu's

flaSh1018 said:
planning on:

amd64 3200+ venice s939
radeon x800xl
epox 9npa+
1gb corsair value select

looking for a quality, quiet psu, this whole board seems to really loves the fortron ax500 but i really want to get a psu from newegg so i can get all my parts together and also, ewiz wants $13 shipping for UPS Ground for the fortron

i hear enermax makes quality stable psu's
I think I would still get the ax500.

do u think there would be a big difference between the fortron ax500 and the enermax whisper II?

Personally, I would take the AX500-A ten times out of ten over the Enermax. I fully understand about the distaste for the inflated shipping ewiz is charging on the AX500-A, but even so it is still going to be $12 cheaper than buying it from newegg. Newegg is far and away my favorite vendor, but charging $91 dollars for an AX500-A is pretty ornery too.

But in general, newegg's inflated price and ewiz's inflated shipping doesn't change anything about the load and the supply. The AX500-A is the best unit for your needs, and I wouldn't let a few dollars influence my judgement. It's just not worth it.

Back