• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Front USB and Audio Connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KAMALINDA!

Registered
Yo whats up guys so my pc is running pretty good now but i was just wondering since my case was so HoT i wanna use those USB 2.0 and the audio things in the front :) ... Where do i connect those USB2 , GND and those MIC R and EAR R and those wires :shrug:

On the respective connectors on your motherboard. The manual will show you where they are located. Should be USB 7_8 or something, and FPAUDIO1 for the audio.

ya the motherboard doesnt show where the usb goes but ya i see FP_audio i heard alot of ppl saying they lost there front usb because they didnt have it on there mobo i just dont wanna lose them

Be careful that you dont plug those front usb connectors backwards into your mobo. I kill ed 2 usb data sticks becuse mine were plugged in backwards. Stupid shellshock! lol

Three USB headers in blue colour at the edge of the board will give you the USB ports 6-10.

You didn't get a manual with your board? There are 10 USB ports by the chipset, four on the back panel and six by headers.

Reading a manual would really help... :)

BTW you usually cant use your front audio ports and your back audio ports... one of them has to be canceled out usually.

USB Diagram
usb.gif

Last edited:
Back