• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I have bought almost all of my parts for my new computer except:

Motherboard/Processor/Hard Drive

I am trying not to spend too much money now that school will be starting again in a month and a half so I gotta make as much money and save it as I can. I am looking at spending about $450.

My original plan: 3200+ Venice with an NF4 Ultra-D (Retail) and Hitachi Deskstar 250GB hard drive to cost about $450.

Now, I am really getting the itch to want the 3700+ Sandy and have seen it for about $270 at mwave.com, and I could get a refurbed *key-word* for about $50 cheaper than the retail Ultra-D from newegg plus still getting the 250GB Hitachi for about $480.

What would you do in this situation? Can I trust getting the refurbed Ultra-D from newegg? Or should I go for the 3200+ venice and call it a day with the retail ultra-d?

hmm that is a toughie.....it would be nice to have a 3700+ but i dont know how risky it is with neweggs refurbished products. do they have a return policy? if so for how long does it cover the product. if they have a decent return policy i would go for the 3700+ and the refurb nf4. if your board has problems return it for another refurb i guess. i dont know.......get some more oppinions!

Do you really need a 250gb hd? You could just get a 200gb hd or something and get that stuff.

-1cem4n

I have a lot of *random* files that I keep stored over time, right now I have 420GB of space and I probably have about 60 free, so frankly, I will be porting over one of my IDE hard drives anyways, so maybe I will just get a 160GB one and then port over two of my IDE drives.

Back