• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Displays on the Same Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rotarian_SC

Hey, I got a new laptop not too long ago, and I heard that now with widescreen models, you can setup what is like a dual monitor display, but on a single laptop screen. It devides in the middle and then you have one desktop on the left, and one on the right. Now I have a widescreen 15.4", but I have not been able to figure out how to do it, or if I can do it. Do I need at least a 17" or how would I do this? I have a Sager NP3880.

My other option, which I don't like too much because it wouldn't be an option when I am mobile, is to use my desktop monitor as well. I can have two cables connected to it at once. Right now one currently runs to my desktop, the other can fit into my laptop. Right now that's the only way for me to get dual displays with my laptop.

I've never heard anything about this.... There's no option in windows to do this so It must be a software program or a special function of a very specific model of screen.

It is software, on my acer its called Grid Vista. It dosent exactaly make it dual desktops it just has certain window arrangments that you can dock stuff in the different areas. not sure if it only works on acer only but you could try and download it.

Out of curiosity, what do you gain from doing this instead of having one desktop?

I don't think I would have to be scrolling left and right all the time if I was at a resolution above 1200x1600, I should be able to see everything then.

Why get it, because I like to work and type so I'm looking for a way to surf and view office at the same time.

Back