• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD on SATA 5 not starting during POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neospazzy

I have a Maxtor 300GB DiamondMax 10 SATA drive on SATA port #5 that I use as a storage drive. Sometimes when I cold boot the computer in the morning (or after work), the drive is not shown in POST. When it gets to the point where the Silicon Image SATA BIOS is detecting the drive, it normally detects it. But sometimes it doesn't. The Nvidia SATA controller has no problems detecting my Raptors in RAID-0 every time, but the Silicon Image SATA controller seems a bit tempermental. :bang head:

I even went as far as replacing my Maxtor with another one and the problem still exists! I also tried switching the SATA power connectors with the ones from the Raptors. I would give it a 50/50 luck of the draw if the drive gets detected or not. On another note, when the drive does get detected, it works great! I am not overclocking the computer in anyway except for the video cards. :shrug:

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Back