• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mid Tower case with dual 120 openings on top?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On top like blow holes? If that's the case not that I know of. Not many companies make mids with 120s, Antec is one of the few that comes to the mind. Why not do it yourself, get a hole saw and cut them yourself?

Thats what I plan to do, but I have an Xdreamer II and it is a little crowded, figured if I have to get a new case might as well get one with holes precut

Biggest problem I see clearance under the holes for fans. I would be suprised to see a mid tower case that had this, because 2 120mm fans would either interfere with either the 5.25" bays or the PSU on most mid tower cases. The larger cases that are starting to mount the PSU at the bottom would be easier to do this with I would think though.

Deathknight said:
Biggest problem I see clearance under the holes for fans. I would be suprised to see a mid tower case that had this, because 2 120mm fans would either interfere with either the 5.25" bays or the PSU on most mid tower cases. The larger cases that are starting to mount the PSU at the bottom would be easier to do this with I would think though.

That is what I was thinking. Wouldn't it be impossible to put two 120mm fans in the top of a midtower case? You would run into problems with both the PSU and the 5.25" drivebays/drives.

I have an X dreamer II case now and if you look at my pics, (in the WC section) I almost fit a dual rad in my case, my PSU is around 1inch too long, but if the case was a couple inches longer it would be fine, Also I have only 2 DVD drives so I use the top two for the rad and 120 fans

Last edited:
Back